Communication (SBC) Domain
Task Force (DTF) mission is the development of specifications
supporting the development, deployment, operation and
maintenance of software technology targeted for
software defined communication devices. Born from the
Software Radio Special Interest Group, this group has
widened it's scope to include goals e.g.:
- Promotion of UML and model driven development
technology in the Software Defined Radio (SDR) field
- Development of specifications to improve
interoperability and exchangeability of
software defined communication components
- Collaboration with other OMG task forces on related
or overlapping technology specifications
- Broaden previous Domain SIG charter with new
related technologies e.g. Cognitive Radio, Smart
Components, Digital IF, Spectrum Management, etc.
- Promotion of Software Radio specifications within the
Software Radio Community
- Maintain liaison with stakeholders of
software-defined communication technology outside
To work with other OMG groups where appropriate to:
- Provide a standard means, by which Software Radio applications are developed, deployed and managed.
- Provide the capability for reconfiguration of radio networks, services, access nodes and terminals.
- Provide a standard platform-independent architecture to support
Software Radio based applications.
- Promote the development of standard radio based services for use by applications.
- Promote the development of standard radio based interface definitions for use in application development.
- Promote, as required, the infrastructure and interface definitions needed to support:
· Transparent security solutions
· Safety critical solutions
· Fault tolerant solutions
· Real-Time and embedded solutions
· Ensure compatibility and consistency of resultant specifications related to software radios.
Software Radio Finalization Task Force
How to get involved:
If you are interested in getting
involved with this group, want more information or would
like to come as a guest to an upcoming meeting and
obtain temporary access to the mailing list, please
contact one of our Account
Representative or contact one of the co-chairs.
The OMG maintains a number of email lists for our
groups. Click here to view the email list(s)
which are pertinent to this group.
If you have any questions about
adopted specifications, please feel free to contact the